British police confident Manchester attacker acted alone

UK


Police officers stand at the end of a tram platform following a stabbing at Victoria Station in Manchester, Britain, January 1, 2019. REUTERS/Phil Noble

LONDON (Reuters) – British police said on Wednesday they were increasingly confident that a man who attacked three people with a kitchen knife at Manchester’s Victoria station on New Year’s Eve acted alone.

Police had already said that the 25-year-old man had been detained under the Mental Health Act. He is now in a secure medical facility.

“The investigation has moved at a very fast pace and detectives are increasingly confident that the man acted alone in the final stages of the attack,” Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.

“The investigation will continue and will examine if anybody may have encouraged or assisted the man to commit the attack.”

Reporting by Kate Holton, editing by David Milliken



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Prime Minister’s Sensational Revelation on Artsakh
Putin Was Worried by Examples of Qaddafi and Serzh Sargsyan. What Should Be Expected in Russia?
Appeal to the Jewish People from the Forum of Refugees from Azerbaijan SSR
Strange Situation: Two Contradictory Statements
Did asteroid that hit Australia help thaw ancient 'snowball Earth'?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *